...words,words,words

Basically,I am here for no reason what so ever than to talk to you,and tell you what I am thinking.It can be entertaining,yet scary at times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I can be quiet,and I can be loud,as well as anywhere in between.I'm fairly outgoing,except for when I'm not.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Reading

I finished reading John Steinbeck's East of Eden last night. It could quite possibly be my favorite book at the moment. I suppose that may be natural after reading such a good book. The other good books in my past are forgotten for a while, while I bask in the immediacy and quality of the one I just finished reading. Even still, it provoked my thought in ways that I do not think fiction ever has before. It was a rare thing when I got through a couple of chapters, and I had not found some story or piece of thought that so intrigued me that I felt myself slipping away into a divergent focus on that individual thought. I must say it, it was a great book, and if you have not read it, do.

At first, I thought I probably would not read any more books over this break, but I have decided to fit one smaller one in between now and Sunday. The book I intend to read is Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle, which I picked up at the library this afternoon. I think it will serve as a nice literary finish to my Christmas break. I started break by reading Ted Dekker's Showdown, in the middle read East of Eden, and finished break with Cat's Cradle. And I love Kurt Vonnegut. He makes me amused, and a little nauseous at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home