...words,words,words

Basically,I am here for no reason what so ever than to talk to you,and tell you what I am thinking.It can be entertaining,yet scary at times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I can be quiet,and I can be loud,as well as anywhere in between.I'm fairly outgoing,except for when I'm not.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Paper

I was reading a short story by Richard Connell this afternoon called "The Most Dangerous Game", about an aristocrat who hunts men for recreation on his own private island. Around half-ways through, I realized that I was not enjoying it as much as I think I would have if I had been holding it in my hands; ink on paper. Something about reading it on this screen just drains it of its life. It was like the difference between watching a movie in black and white, and watching it in technicolor. The technicolor is just a poor attempt at trying to recreate full sense experience, while black and white is a whole different world. But I digress. There is something about holding the book. Touching the pages, knowing that what I am looking at will not change, and just the simple cadence created by the turning of pages as you read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home