...words,words,words

Basically,I am here for no reason what so ever than to talk to you,and tell you what I am thinking.It can be entertaining,yet scary at times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I can be quiet,and I can be loud,as well as anywhere in between.I'm fairly outgoing,except for when I'm not.

Friday, June 08, 2007

More reading

I know I haven't posted in a very long time, but I figure now is as good a time as any to make an appearance back on this scene.

I started reading two books today. This afternoon I started reading Captivating, a book by the Eldridge's. It's subtitle is "Unveiling the mystery of a Woman's Soul". It seems like a good book thus far, but unfortunately it brings some bad karma with it for me. It dredges up all of the things that John Eldridge's previous book Wild at Heart says a man is. The problem isn't that I don't identify with the "Man" that Eldridge writes of. The problem is that I don't think I'm him. And I never have. I have never been a "hero", the brave knight. I would say that I am a supporting character in the story I am in. Always have been. The comic relief who occasionally has some words of wisdom. The closest I've ever been able to feeling like I am so called "hero" material, is identifying with the archetype of the anti-hero. But all of this really has nothing to do with the book. Just a wad of my insecurities.

The other book I'm reading is Catcher in the Rye. I've never actually read it before, and I wanted to read something while I was working at Comedy Sportz this evening (where I am right now). So, I pulled the used Bantam paperback of it that I bought a couple of months ago at the Book House. I've gotten through twelve dog-eared chapters while sitting in the box office. I didn't really feel like keeping on going, as the end of chapter twelve was where the book's last owner had left a make-shift bookmark consisting of a handwritten library reciept for a book called Brazil on the Move. It makes me feel good to read a book that I know someone else has read through before me. It's also good to be actually spending my time doing something during the dull moments when I'm not selling tickets, other than shifting nervously and staring off into space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home